Bulletproof coffee has revolutionized mornings for these tired parents. But what is it? It sounds rugged and hardcore, doesn't it? Think of it as a supercharged way of making your coffee, with the addition of between one and three ingredients.
Abolustely, it has changed my morning game completely.
If you want to dig in deeper to the science behind bulletproof coffees, consider reading the books Bulletproof and Headstrong by Dave Asprey. Asprey is a successful tech entrepreneur who went on a years-long quest to optimize his energy, focus and cognitive ability (as well as lose weight and gain vitality) to considerable expense.
He is the ultimate example of self-experimentation and because of this, his book is full of candid anecdotes, the latest research and little gems of information to optimize ones energy.
These are the books on Amazon where you can choose paperback (or) kindle.
Preparing coffee as a bulletproof coffee solves the following problems:
- Remove the caffeine jitters and anxiety that comes with (lots) of cups
- Prolong the coffee induced energy and alterness
- Rebuild connective tissue and heal my gut
- Boost intermittent fasting with a boost in ketones (fuel for mitochondria and your brain, ketones are a product of fat-burning mechanisms rather than sugar-burning mechanisms.)
So now, let's get into Bulletproof preparation.
- Your regular 'ol cup of coffee does this:
- Wakes you up
- Basically, a bulletproof coffee does this:
- Wakes you the f*ck up
- Helps fix the gut lining (butyrate in butter)
- Maximize antioxidants (coffee is a rich source of polyphenols)
- Prolongs the caffeine alertness & prevents fatigue (Brain octane oil)
- Helps energy & vitality ( Brain octane oil is a fantastic fuel for your brain & the mitochondria)
- Helps feed the cells lining the gut and the cells that make up your connective tissues (collagen)
- Staves off hunger (protein in the collagen and fat in the butter / cocoabutter / brain octane)
- May help fat loss (if used as part of an intermittent fasting protocol, the MCT oil in the bulletproof can help release more ketones into your blood, promoting fat burning as an energy source.)